The Fast Focus Tutorials are mini-manuals, dedicated to a specific aspect of 3D (stereo) photography. The tutorials are available only as downloadable PDF files. This serves the dual purpose of keeping them very affordable while minimizing their impact on the environment.
PDF ebooks work GREAT in both Kindle and Nook readers, as well as in your computer. Read about it HERE.
In stereography, nothing is more important than a clear and sound grasp of the basics of stereo alignment. But, at the same time, nothing is more poorly understood by so many.
Most stereographers rely upon automatic alignment programs to perform the alignment task for them. That is fine, when it works. However, until the actual mechanics of correct alignment are known, you cannot consider yourself a stereographer. Fortunately, the actual process is really quite simple if you just take a few minutes to absorb the rudimentary requirements and 3 stereo rules. This tutorial will provide you with a solid understanding of the stereo alignment process and a procedure you can rely on to give you consistent, high quality results.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Vertical and Rotational Alignment
- Stereo Rules
- Fig: One image is “upper”
- Fig: One image is rotated
- Correcting Rotation
- Fig: Axle end superimposed
- Fig: Red & Cyan Images Aligned
- Setting the Stereo Window
- Near Point Object
- Fig: Hole in Wall. Where is the “near point?”
- Putting Image behind the Window Plane
- Fig: Pump aligned and behind window
- Setback Aesthetics
- Identical Image Dimensions
- Cropping the Image in SPM
- Problems to Avoid
BONUS Feature: The Stereo Photography Glossary is included, FREE
Please refer to the Digital 3D Stereo Guide if you require information about correcting the more complex image distortions which can occur if you fail to follow good stereo practices while taking the photos.
This tutorial covers stereo alignment, and how to do it manually with StereoPhoto Maker (SPM), but it is not a comprehensive manual for the use of all the features of SPM.
- This Fast Focus tutorial is an extract from the book, Digital 3D Stereo Guide. This tutorial covers the steps to align properly photographed stereo pairs.
- 44 color pages, including the 13 page Stereo Photography Glossary
- Available only as a downloadable PDF, readable in any computer, Kindle or NOOK.
- 3D Stereo Alignment with SPM, SKU: DL-F06-TMB