The Fast Focus Tutorials are mini-manuals, each dedicated to a specific aspect of 3D (stereo) photography. The tutorials are available only as downloadable PDF files. This serves the dual purpose of keeping them very affordable while minimizing their impact on the environment.
PDF ebooks work GREAT in both Kindle and NOOK readers, as well as in your tablet or computer. Read about it HERE.
How to make perfect cha-cha stereos, every time. Cha-cha stereo is a powerful tool and wonderfully convenient, but it does have shortcomings and problems – some serious – if not done correctly. How to apply this great technique and how to avoid any problems are the topic of this amazing tutorial. If you wish to vastly increase your rate of success making cha-cha stereos, then this manual is your secret weapon.
Cha-cha style 3D stereo is based on taking a small step to the side, between photos, to create the stereo base. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? Unfortunately, in practice it’s far from easy. But, done properly it is amazing and there are some tricks and variations that really expand on the concept. In this tutorial you will discover surprising facts about creating easy to align stereo pairs and solve many of the problems that plague you with difficult or impossible to align pairs. This is a smart buy.
Save yourself a lot of misery and lost 3D’s by learning and applying the little known techniques revealed in this manual.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Cha-cha Stereo (Do You Wanna Dance?)
- Cha-cha Stereo and Its Problems
- Time Lapse
- Moving Clouds
- Errors in Application of Chosen Stereo Base
- Rotation of Camera
- Tilt, Upward or Downward
- Elevation Changes (Non-horizontal Parallax)
- Distance Changes
- Zoom changes
- Auto focus errors
- Auto exposure errors
- On camera flash problems
- Cha-Cha . . . How to Do the Dance
- Camera Protocol
- Wide Cha-cha
- Twin Tripod Cha-cha
- Figure: Aluminum Slide-Bar
- Wooden Slide-bars
- Figure: Short Wooden Slide-Bar
- Figure: 40mm Wooden Slide-Bar
- Figure: Slide-Bar, End Detail
- Figure: Slide-Bar, Detail of Underside
Bonus Feature: The Stereo Photo Glossary is included, FREE
Methods of repairing the misalignments caused by failure to adhere to these guidelines are not discussed here, but they are covered in another publication, the Digital 3D Stereo Guide. That book includes complete information on aligning and correcting distortions in stereograms.
- 36 pages, including the 13 page Stereo Photography Glossary
- This Fast Focus tutorial, Mastering the 3D Cha-Cha, is an extract from the Digital 3D Stereo Guide.
- Available only as a downloadable PDF, readable in any computer, Kindle or NOOK.
- Mastering the 3D Cha-Cha, SKU: DL-F03-TMB